Message from the 19th JDC:
In an effort to keep you apprised of what’s getting to be a bit of a complicated situation, please note the following concerning pro tem judges at the 19th JDC:
- Judge Max Tobias, formerly of the Fourth Circuit and before that the New Orleans CDC, is presently serving a pro tem appointment for Judge Kelley. That appointment will end on May 31, 2019. However, Judge Tobias is also an asbestos ad hoc judge, so he will continue to be at the 19th on an occasional basis.
- Judge Marabella has been handling matters for section V (Judge Daniel’s former seat) since April 1st. However, he had a pre-existing conflict for the month of May, which was known at the time of his appointment. So he will NOT be with the court for the month of May, but will return on June 1st and will remain until the vacant seat is filled.
- Judge Donald T. Johnson, formerly of the 9th JDC, will be taking Judge Marabella’s place in section V for the month of May.
- Judge Jimmy Gaidry, formerly of the 1st Circuit and before that the 32nd JDC, will be here for a four day appointment – starting May 6 and ending May 9th – sitting in for our Judge Don Johnson – section VI.
- Judge Jerome Winsberg, formerly of the Orleans Criminal Court, will be here for a three day appointment—starting May 20 until May 23rd– sitting in for our Judge Don Johnson – section VI.
- Judge Bruce Bennett, formerly of the 21st JDC, continues on as pro tem, handling the matters of section VIII (Judge White’s former section) and will be here until the vacant seat is filled.
If you have questions, call Ann McCrory Judicial Administrator at 225-389-4744.