Membership in the Baton Rouge Bar Association provides you with many opportunities for professional enrichment and public service, including:
- Accredited CLE programs, providing substantial member discounts and a FREE annual professionalism seminar
- Optional membership in many specialty sections and committees
- Young Lawyers Section events, such as Cocktails with the Court, Thirsty Thursdays and Side Bar Luncheons with judges
- Bar luncheons throughout the year featuring guest speakers.
- Networking opportunities with the bench and bar, including various socials and the annual Bench Bar Conference
- The Baton Rouge Lawyer magazine: a bi-monthly professional magazine featuring legal articles, in-depth interviews and editorial commentary
- Access to the online BRBA member directory (located in the members’ only section of the BRBA website), an updated calendar of events, duty court schedules and online event registrations
- Community outreach and public service opportunities, including volunteerism with the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation’s Pro Bono Project and youth education programs
- A listserv for posting queries about legal issues
- Lawyer Referral Service membership at a nominal additional fee
Who can become a BRBA member?
All members in good standing of the Louisiana State Bar Association or other state bar associations who are regularly engaged in the practice of law can join the BRBA as a member.
What are the categories of membership?
There are several categories of membership, including regular, associate, honorary and student. Newly admitted attorneys receive their first year of membership free of charge. The BRBA also provides a free virtual membership to students attending law school in Baton Rouge. Government employees receive a discounted rate, and rate of membership is based on the number of years of law practice that a member has achieved.
How to join the Baton Rouge Bar Association
Fill out a membership application
and pay the applicable fee. Mail your application to: Baton Rouge Bar Association, P.O. Box 2241, Baton Rouge, LA 70821, or fax your application to: 225-344-4805. We accept cash, check or credit card. Call the BRBA for more information at 225-344-4803.