Holiday Star Project 2018
The Baton Rouge Bar Association Young Lawyers Section's award winning Holiday Star Project is looking for volunteers to coordinate the project within their firms. This is the 27th year of this award winning program and with your help, we can continue to grow.
This year we are providing gifts for almost 900 children who would otherwise have a very bleak holiday season. As a Star Gazer you will be recruiting Star Sponsors from your firm or other business associates. You tell us how many children you can place and we send you the Holiday Stars with the children’s wish information included. The Holiday Stars will be sent to you by the first week in November. The wrapped gifts are due back to the BRBA (544 Main St.) by December 4, 2018.
Here are some things to remember:
- This program is not limited to just attorneys and more than one person can sponsor a star.
- Give each Star Sponsor the star marked with their child's name and an instruction sheet.If you have a large number of stars to distribute within your law firm, you may prefer to give each sponsor a copy of the star and attach the original when gifts are returned to you.
- The children have been instructed to give us a wish list and if their wishes are unreasonable, age appropriate toys and books are always appreciated.
- The Holiday Star Committee suggests a range of $50 to $75 per child be spent on gifts.
- Remind your Star Sponsors that all gifts should be wrapped and returned to the Middleton Bar Center located at 544 Main Street no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 4, 2018.
- If you choose, you can bring the gifts directly to the agency and set your own delivery date-just let us know.
- Gifts should be placed in sturdy gift or garbage bags (clear ones preferably) and the star affixed to the outside of the bag.
- If you are able to take additional stars, please let us know immediately.
If you would like to sponsor participate in this year's Holiday Star Project, click here or download and fax in the registration form below. Thank you for your support of the Baton Rouge Bar Association. If you have any questions, please contact Landon Hester (225) 214-5560, fax to (225) 344-4805 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.